Saturday, April 20, 2013

Week One Predictions



Here are my predictions for the first week of the season. Predicted winners are in bold. I won’t predict winners in my team’s games.

Lapine v. Bykofsky- This game features two of the most intriguing storylines of the season. One is the newly designed Marlboro Swim Club infield. Now that it is similar to the size of the dreaded Municipal infield, will it produce fewer runs? The second storyline is whether or not the strategy of picking a pitcher in the 4th round will pay dividends. Both teams have started a potential paradigm shift in the league if it leads to a championship. After playing with Herm for two years, I am confident that picking him in the 4th is a move that will pay off. However, they’re playing my sleeper pick of the year in week one, so I have to go with them. I think Team Bykofsky will do enough to win a close 8-6 game.

Younger v. Beilis- If this were 2012, Younger v. Beilis would have been very easy to pick. And while I give the slight edge to Younger this week, I think Beilis will have his best regular season in a few years.

Goldfarb v. Marrone- I think Team Marrone has one of the best lineups in the league. They should jump out of the gate with an impressive showing in week one. Prediction: Team Marrone will score the most runs in the league this week.

Carlin v. Wallman- Team Carlin has a lot of talent, but I think this could be a very special year for the Wallman crew.

Pollock v. Granese- Team Pollock should still be able to score our share of runs even without our captain, Matt Pollock. Two challenges this week are the dreaded municipal field and a very good defensive opponent. Even though I can’t pick a winner in this game, I predict a combined total of 12 runs or fewer to be scored.

Applebaum v. Harris- With question marks at many of the important positions, Team Harris could end up surprising me this year. For now I have to see it to believe it.

Mamone v. Randell- Just like last year, Team Randell is built for Union Hill.

Jacoby v. Feldman- They may be missing their captain, but Team Jacoby is deep enough to overcome the injury- at least for game #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment