Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday Night Preview


So far I’m a perfect 9-0 in predicting Wednesday Night game outcomes. Can I keep it going? Will there even be games tonight?

Applebaum vs. Bykofsky:
 
Yes, this is a 9-2 team playing a 1-9 team. Yes, Applebaum has a team that should be especially potent on Union Hill. . Yes, I’m picking Applebaum to win the game. Team Bykofsky, however, is not a team to completely write off. When a team is 1-9 usually there is some bad luck involved. Only three other teams have been involved in more games decided by three or fewer runs. So far Bykofsky has come up short, but there should come a time when those close games will start going Bykofsky’s way. I’m not saying they’re going on a major run, but they’re not going to do 3-19 either.

 
Predicted Winner: Applebaum

 
Granese vs. Pollock:

I’m not one who believes in “bulletin board material”. All that kind of stuff makes for fun talk during the week, but when it comes down to it all that matters when you’re in the batter’s box is the pitching coming in. You’re playing in the moment and all the other narratives that have formed goes away. I can only speak for myself when I say I won’t be trying any harder tonight since we got embarrassed by Granese in Week One to the tune of 24-6. If we win, it’ll be a reminder of how much better our team has been playing. If we have any hopes at trying to catch the top four teams in our division, we have to win tonight. It won’t be easy. Even though Granese hasn’t had a great season so far, we’ve already seen first-hand what they are capable of doing.

1 comment:

  1. You do a great job with this. I enjoy reading, thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete