Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Updated Power Rankings AKA Who Am I Putting The Curse on This Week?

For those keeping track at home, the #1 ranked team is now 0-6 in games played the week of posting the rankings.

  1. Wallman (2): Am I putting Wallman at the top spot just so I can avoid putting the curse on my own team? Well, partly. The other part is both our teams are essentially tied for first and Wallman did beat us head to head.

  1. Pollock (3): I don’t want to jinx our team, so I’ll be brief. It’s a pleasure to play with these fine gentlemen and Dave Meyer every week.

  1. Brock (4): Just like our team, Brock has quickly made up for a subpar start to the season. No division this decade has had three 15-game winners, but that could change this year.

  1. Lapine (6): Specchio is playing like the top prospect he was when he came into the league and Carroll might be the scariest lefty slugger in the league besides Fradkin. Brock vs. Lapine this Wednesday night is the game of the season so far. UH Left plays well to Lapine’s strengths.

  1. Fradkin (1): The curse of the power rankings bit Fradkin last week. After giving up 39 runs in the double header Sunday, #1 ranked teams have now given up an average of 19.33 runs per game the week after earning the top spot. Their resume includes beating Lapine and Brock, so it’s not time to hit the panic button. Fradkin plays this week at UH Right which always give his team an edge.

  1. Ferrarese (NR): They may not have a winning record, but the team with the best run differential deserves a spot on the rankings. They may have the best offense in the league(first in runs scored) and very few can compete with their infield defense.

  1. Lombardi (5): They picked up a much needed win vs. Sarcona because they have been skidding of late. I believe they’re one or two batters short from being consistently among the elite. I hope I’m wrong because I’m pulling for the Lombardis.

  1. Randell (NR): As mentioned in my notes last week, this is a dangerous team when all players are on the field. Eventually though, attendance issues become a pattern and not just an anomaly.

  1. Marrone (NR): Many teams hovering around the .500 mark can make a solid claim for the last spot on this list, but I’m going with the team that’s on one of the best streaks in the league. I don’t see Conti lighting up the leaderboard yet, so the team will only get better once he inevitably finds himself among the leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment