Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday Night Predictions


I'm still waiting to see if we're going to have a guest predcition for tonight's games. In the meantime, here are my picks. This is a good time to mention that I went a perfect 9-0 for last week's picks, so my early struggles seem to be over. I wish I could say the same about my team's performance thus far!

Harris v. Applebaum

This appears to be a game of the haves and have nots, but of course nothing in our league is that simple. After getting shut out for the remarkably second time this season, Team Harris will be playing with something more than a chip on their shoulders. But while having a little extra edge is good and all, it can only take them so far. Applebaum is rolling, and I don’t think this run is going to end by losing to a team that’s struggling this much to score runs. SO maybe it IS as simple as a game between the haves and the have-nots.

Mitch’s Prediction- Applebaum 14 Harris 6




Jacoby v. Randell

So far in the National League it’s been Team Applebaum, Jacoby and then everybody else. . . . way, way down in the standings. A Team Randell win tonight can bridge that gap just a little bit. It’s certainly possible. Lately Team Jacoby has not been dominant, and this is a field we can usually count on 1-2 homeruns from JZ. But I think Occum’s Razor is at play here. It just comes down to that Jacoby is the better team and will prevail. Like I mentioned last week, while we associate U.H. being a hitter’s paradise, the night games tend to favor the better defensive clubs.

Mitch’s Prediction- Jacoby 12 Randell 8

No comments:

Post a Comment