Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday Night Preview


12-0!!

12-0!!

12-0!!

I was trying to think of a subtle way to say I’m 12-0 picking Wednesday night games, but this way is more fun. One more time….

12-0!!!

I also know I’m jinxing myself because tonight is a really tough pair of games to predict. In preparation for the disappointment I’m likely going to experience, let me do this one last time….

12-0!!!!!!

Onto tonight’s matchups:

Beilis vs. Younger:

Even before the season I’ve felt Younger was going to have an average regular season but could be more dangerous in the playoffs.  I still believe they’re a team more potent than their record shows even with a new look roster. Despite having a 4-11 record, their run differential is a respectable -0.7. That’s the same as my team which has an 8-7 record. On the other side of the fence, Team Beilis has a 6-0 record against teams under .500. They’re chances tonight depend on whether or not Vaccaro plays, who I’m pretty sure can not play the Wednesday night games. If he plays, Beilis has a pretty good shot. If not, I feel Younger will begin playing up to their run differential.

Predicted Winner: Younger

Randell vs. Carlin:

   I’ve already commented on these teams in more detail in my power rankings. What’s amazing about these two superb teams is that the loser is going to be sitting in just the 4th spot in the NL Standings. While this is a position Randell has held throughout the season, Carlin has only known the top 3 for almost the entire season.  I have to think Team Carlin is going to roar back after their 18-3 defeat Sunday. Meanwhile Team Randell has been led by a consistently great defense all season. There’s no reason to think they’ll have an off night other than the fact they’re playing a team who before last week’s debacle averaged 16.6 runs in their last five games.  Team Randell has shown they are just as good as the other top teams in the NL, but I don’t see Carlin falling back to the sole possession of the #4 spot in the division.

Predicted Winner: Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment