Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mea Culpa

In every man's life there are moments when he must look deep into his own soul and ask some of life's most difficult questions. Who am I? What is my purpose in this world? Am I fulfilling my potential as a human being? Am I giving Team Goldfarb enough credit in the 2011 Marlboro Mens Softball League?

The first three questions have given me pause for thought, but it is that last essential question which has caused me great trouble. Every time I thought I figured them out and they would play like I originally predicted, they proved me wrong. It is a very difficult situation when something you have accepted as an absolute truth is consistently proven wrong. At first you write it off as an exception, but eventually you have to confront reality. I have to face the truth. Team Goldfarb is a very good team.

Their defense is suffocating. Their pitching is immaculate. Their baserunning is impeccable. Their hitting is astounding. So I am truly sorry to Alex Goldfarb, Scott Bornstein, Rob Bykofsky, Guy Goldfarb, Justin Bykofsky, Jordan Krant, Larry Kaplow, Mark Goldberg, Nick Martino, Mike Strauss, Matt Polguy, Jay Rosenthal, and Thomas Tvrdik. You have my and the league's attention. I apologize and you have proven me wrong.

Sincerely,
Mitch Pollock

P.S. This Wednesday's game against Spiegel is going to be tough. I'm not sure who I am picking yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment