Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pre-Season Projected Standings

Two things are going to jump out about this post:

1) The "pre season" projected standings are being posted a third way through the season.

2) There's no commentary for the picks.

When I did my thorough projections right after the 2011 draft, it didn't occur to me I should create a blog for the league. This is the very first time these predictions are being made public! Originally, I graded each team based on offense and defense, however in typical me fashion, I have since lost all the grades. I promise to do a better job maintaining these papers next season.

Some of the picks already look like busts, while others look like they have a pretty good shot at coming true. It'll easy to get an idea of which teams I thought very highly of coming out of the draft. Of course, due to various reasons, rosters have changed since these projections were made. At the end of the season I'll compare my projections with the one on our league's website to see which did a better job. Enjoy:



Team Name (Team Number): Projected Record
National League East:

Spiegel (3): 14-8
Harris(2): 13-9
Younger(1): 12-10
Applebaum(4): 9-13

National League West:

Sarcona(7): 10-12
Granese(5): 9-13
Goldfarb(8): 8-14
Beilis(6): 7-15


American League East:

Pollock(11): 12-10
Peragine(9): 12-10
Schefkind(12): 10-12
Randell(10): 10-12

American League West:

Wallman(15): 15-7
Carlin(16): 13-9
Lapine(13): 12-10
Feldman(14): 10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment