Monday, June 6, 2011

Wednesday Predictions

Every Monday I'll post my predictions for Wednesday's games. Predictions for Sunday's matchups won't be posted until Friday or Saturday. There's no way me of knowing who is missing from each team, so unless I have that information, I'm going to assume that everyone on the roster will be there.


Wednesday, June 8 2011

Lapine vs. Applebaum

Winner: Lapine


Upsets happen all the time in our league, but it's hard to pick against Lapine. After losing two in a row, Team Lapine should be itching to get back on track. The highest scoring team in the league has only scored 11 runs in their last two games, so I fully expect a 15+ run performances versus Team Applebaum who has given up more than 12 runs per game.


Peragine vs. Goldfarb

Winner: Peragine


This should be a great matchup between two teams who are on nice winning streaks. So far I'm wrong about Goldfarb's season performance. Before the year started I thought their good defense wouldn't make up for their noticeable lack of power. Team Peragine, however, has lived up to strong pre- season expectations and currently has the third highest winning percentage. Although I have Goldfarb ranked one place higher on the power rankings, I'm leaning towards Peragine because the game is at Union Hill. I wouldn't be surprised if an over the fence homerun by Turner ends up being the difference in a tight ballgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment